2016 has been loaded with new features, updates and low-level changes. From our new frontpage to the constant flow of key features integrated in our Mobile App, we remain true to our original statement: deliver the most powerful free Esport platform in the world.
Take a look at the main breakthrough we came up with this year!
In 2016, Toornament took a turn: we opened our platform to a broader audience: participants and fans. With featured tournaments and participants interactions, we revamped our website from a B2B platform to B2C one.
Our mobile app keeps growing at high pace. 2016 brought key features to make Toornament eSports the best companion app for all Esports fans and players.
- Match ticker on our Mobile App
- Login and Register on our Mobile App
- Match Reporting from mobile
- Registration on Mobile App
One of the biggest evolution of Tournament this year has been it’s opening towards participants: with a dedicated dashboard, match reporting and tournaments tracking on the mobile app, players can now enjoy the power of Toornament as their organizers peers did!
The total integration with Esports is our long term focus. Toornament already talks with LoL and DotA APIs. Going further, we now support LoL Tournament Codes for easy matchmaking. FPS-wise, we made a big leap with CS:GO, as popular match management softwares Ebot and AdminBot support us.
- AdminBot supports Toornament
- Use Toornament and Ebot for better CS:GO competitions
- You can now Pick & Ban classes in Hearthstone
- LoL Tournament Codes
Advanced users need advanced tools and we deliver. Our API has seen some major new functions and improvements, helping Esport professionals (video game developers and organizers) to harness the power of Toornament to suit their needs.
- oAUth 2 and Write functions added to our API
- New API functions: Participants and Tournaments
- Free PHP Script to batch edit Match Schedules
On the heels of our first infographic in 2015, we kept on pushing our data in informative and beautiful infographics covering major events and meaningful stats.
- The Shanghai Infographic
- The Manila Major infographic
- CS:GO on Toornament by the numbers
- The International 2016 infographic
- The Dota 2 Post-TI6 shuffle
- The #Worlds 2016 infographic
- The Capcom Cup 2016 infographic
Expanding from our Twitter account, we took on Facebook and Youtube with differents goals. Youtube will be the home of our growing video production, while Facebook is designed as you go-to Esport Calendar. Like and subscribe!
Yes, it’s been a loaded year and guess what: 2017 will be even better, as we’ve now joined the Webedia family. Stay tuned and thank you for using Toornament!