After months of relentless work, we are proud to release the new version of our platform! Participants and Organizers are now able to discover for themselves what changed and how we made it evolve.
The whole is going to look a lot like the ancient version, but based on a brand new tournament engine built from scratch on a new database running on a new servers infrastructure, allowing much more traffic than what was previously possible.
The maximum size of a tournament goes from 256 up to 4096 thanks to the new tournament engine and infrastructure.
New Structure System
More freedom, more flexibility! You are now 100% free when it comes to creating a tournament and its structure. You can have several stages played together, of different size, with participants coming in and out at any stage of your tournament.
New Placement System
Along our new structure system comes a brand new way of placing participants into your stages. The seeding and the placement were merged into a single interface to allow for a clearer experience, with new options for you to choose who plays where.
Another field that needed attention were our widgets. They are now clearer and more user-friendly, and just as beautiful as the rest of the site!
Many other aspects of the platform went through some sort of change, among which:
- Organizer Dashboard now has the same stylesheet as the other parts of the website, and an increasing compatibility with mobile
- A few changes on the API (namely a page system for matches and participants, revisited matches and stages endpoints, no more schedule)
- Game stats (as seen in LOL, DOTA2, CS:GO or Bloodbowl 2) won’t be available immediately upon release. They will be back, with all previous data restored, as soon as possible
- Some least used features disappeared, to simplify the tool and make it the most efficient it can be
What to expect next?
The Version 2 being out means that we are going to go back to working on new features and improvements, after having spent those last few months dedicated to the task at hand.
We already made good progress towards some of the most requested features from our organizers:
- Tournament and match check-in
- Match chat system (first available on the web platform, on the mobile app next), as seen below:
This is just the beginning, so stay tuned for a whole lot of new features and exciting stuff to come in the future, because we’re only getting started!