We are pleased to release the biggest update since the launch of Toornament. This update adds a new tournament stage format: Bracket Groups, a new feature to attribute permissions on your tournaments, and some big improvements to use Toornament on your tablet or mobile.
We developed the Bracket Groups stage format in order to let you run dual format, GSL or EVO like tournaments. In a Bracket Group stage, you can define your number of groups; the number of qualified per group like in a traditional round robin group stage; and the bracket type which can be single elimination or double elimination. Toornament will use these parameters to generate your stage:
- A Bracket Groups stage with 32 participants, 8 groups, 2 qualified/group and a “double elimination” bracket type will generate 8 “double elimination” brackets of 4 participants. Each bracket will have no grand final because only the top 2 is qualified. (GSL/Dual format type)
- A Bracket Groups stage with 128 participants, 8 groups, 4 qualified/group and a “single elimination” bracket type will generate 8 “single elimination” brackets of 16 participants. Each bracket will only have 1/8 finals and quarter-finals because only the top 4 is qualified.
Browse the 2014 Global Starcraft II League Code S – Season 1 tournament widget to see it in action:
You are now able to create tournaments with the following structures with Bracket Groups:
- Bracket Groups + Single elimination
- Bracket Groups + Double elimination
- Bracket Groups + Bracket Groups + Single elimination
- Bracket Groups + Bracket Groups + Double elimination
You can now attribute permissions to your tournaments. For example to give rights to your referees to report results on a specific tournament. We created 5 different permissions:
- Administrate the tournament : Edit the tournament’s settings, manage the structure
- Manage the participants : Import and edit participants
- Place the participants
- Report the results : List and edit matches
- Change the permissions
We did a lot of improvements on the Toornament dashboard design in order to provide an optimal viewing experience on tablet and mobile. You are now able to manage your tournament easily through a tablet.
We extended the games managed by Toornament with:
- CS 1.6
- CS Source
- COD 4
- Battlefield 3
- Gears of War 3
- Mario Kart
Try all of these new features and share your feedback with us!