This week end saw the ultimate major tournament on Ultra Street Fighter IV.
The biggest fighting game in the world ended its great eSport lifespan with the Capcom Cup 2015, where the top 32 Capcom Pro Tour players fought for a split of the impressive $500,000 money prize and to engrave their name into Street Fighter history.
We covered the tournament live this week end and wanted to provide you with insights from what we collected.
Using our API, we were able to extract interesting statistics and datas to breakdown the notable performances and trends from this 2015 edition. (click on the picture for higher res)
Huge thanks goes to artist SaPikku23 for providing us his great players portraits!
Of course, we couldn’t cram all the gathered info in a single infographic, so here are some exhaustive metrics:
More quick facts:
- Big Bosses: All EVO Champions attended: Daigo (2009, 2010), Fuudo (2011), Infiltration (2012), Xian (2013), Luffy (2014), Momochi (2015)
- Biggest losers: Momochi and Bonchan dropped 16 places compared to 2014, respectively from 1st to top 17 and from top 9 to top 25.
- Back to back: 11 players qualified for both the 2014 and 2015 Cups: Momochi, Infiltration, Bonchan, Xian, Luffy, Daigo, Snake Eyez, Justin Wong, NuckledDu and Gackt.
- There’s the Tour and there’s the Cup: None Capcom Pro Tour 2015 Top 6 ranked player made it to the Capcom Cup 2015 Top 6, except for Xian (4th, then 3rd).
- So close, yet so far: RZR|Xian has always been placed in the Top 3, but never won: 2nd (2013), 2nd (2014), 3rd (2015).
We hope you enjoyed all this extracted data from our API, feel free to share it!
Last but not least, you can of course get all the results, scores, characters picked and available VODs for each match, check our widget: